Monday, July 17, 2017

My Entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #576

Gather round the hive for my entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #576 for July 10, 2017. This honey of a drawing is by Joe Dator.

"Will you be my queen?"


One caption got kicked out of the hive.
"How can every woman have the same allergy?"


July 24, 2017 Update:  The Finalists



July 31, 2017 Update:  I  voted for the third caption.


August 14, 2017 Update:  Winning Caption



Note:  Last time, cartoonist Tom Cheney led the procession. My caption lagged behind. Follow, follow, follow, follow, follow the yellow brick road and Contest # 575.

Next why not swarm to my blog posts on Joe Dator?

02247

2 comments:

  1. Looking through a few of the submissions, Queen Bee is a common theme. Yours is the shortest and funniest of the group. I really love the kicked out one - original and true to the classic "Think then smile" New Yorker style. My take was "It's not a hive mentality. It's a state of beeing." - Kenny

    ReplyDelete